StocktonCon Summer 2019 (August 3rd and 4th)
Video Games – Free Play & Tournaments
Hosted by: Once Upon a Video Game & Sac Gamers Expo
- Be aware that tournament times are subject to change. Checking in early with tournament organizers is recommended!
- There are NO REFUNDS for the tournament entry fees. The ONLY exception is if the tournament itself is canceled due to unforeseen events or insufficient entries.
- If there’s any legitimate dispute within the tournament, please notify a Tournament Judge.
- You MUST show up to your match when your name is announced or at the posted time for your round. Failure to do so may result in disqualification without refund.
- Violation of rules may result in disqualification without refund. Other disciplinary actions may result as well.
- Any participants caught cheating will be immediately disqualified without a refund.
- Destruction of Once Upon a Video Game’s or tournament participant’s property will result in disqualification and possible fees.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 4 Player Pod Tournaments!
Multiple 4 player tourneys all day! See schedule for times!
Entry Fee: $5.00 PER Sign up. Amount due at time of sign up.
1ST PLACE = $10.00 Cash
ANY SMALL STAGE CAN BE USED IF ALL PLAYERS AGREE ON THE STAGE.
DEFAULT STAGE WILL BE FINAL DESTINATION IF PLAYERS CANNOT AGREE ON A STAGE.
- All contestants will play in one 4 player game together. You will receive 10 lives.
- GameCube controllers and a GameCube adapter will be provided by tournament organizers.
- You may bring and use your own controllers.
- You may create a new name if you want to change button configuration. DO NOT CREATE AN INAPPROPRIATE NAME! If you are not sure if it’s an inappropriate word, THEN DON’T USE IT! Immediate disqualification and permanent ban for inappropriate names!
- NO AMIIBO’s OR CUSTOM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
- Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling.)
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
- Pausing during the match multiple times means the loss of the round except in the case where all contestants agree to the game being paused.
- All Items will be turned OFF
- Final Smash meter will be ON!
- NO LARGE STAGES ALLOWED!
NES Point Challenges – Nintendo
2 different challenges during the day! See schedule for times!
Entry Fee Per Game
First Try: $2.00
Additional Tries: $1.00
1ST PLACE PER GAME = Half the current pot in cash!
- The Game will change after 3 hours! Please see schedule for each games start times!
- Players will have up to 5 minutes to score as many points as possible.
- If the player gets “game over” before the 5 minute mark, the player is done and your score will be recorded.
- Players will start at the beginning of the game and NO CODES are allowed to be used.
- The current high score will be posted during the challenge.
- If Your Score is beaten or you wish to just do better you may pay the “Additional Tries” fee and play again.
- You may retry as many times as you wish, at $1.00 per try (Current Game)
- Winner is announced at the end of each game. You have until the end of day 2 to collect your prize.
Free Play Rules
- Destruction of Once Upon a Video Game or any participants property will result in possible fees.
- We ask that you treat the staff, volunteers, and attendees with the same kindness and respect as you would want for yourself.
- Wristbands must be clearly visible at all times.
- Modifying the Settings of a Game or Gaming Console is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we won’t be responsible for any lost items in the game room, so please be cautious of your belongings. If you think your items are lost, please contact us or lost and found about it.
- Please treat the Gaming Room equipment with respect. Please refrain from stealing, throwing or removing the controllers, removing the games, touching the consoles (including turning them on or off) or removing the memory cards, slapping the TV’s, etc.
- Lines must be formed to keep the order of who goes next in check. Make sure you know your spot.
- No food or drinks allowed.
- No Profanity. This is a family-oriented con.
- Physical harassment (i.e. fighting, wrestling) will not be tolerated!
- The Gaming Room has a limited capacity. As a result, we sometimes may need to ask some of the attendees to leave the room, or prevent attendees from entering the room until more space is available. We apologize if this becomes an issue, but we are trying to provide a safe and comfortable room for everyone.