What is StocktonCon?
The goal of StocktonCon is to raise awareness of outstanding artists in the San Joaquin Valley area and to give attendees the chance to experience a wide variety of popular culture (comics, card games, video games, anime, manga, science fiction, toys, television and movies).
It is also StocktonCon’s intention to raise awareness and funds in conjunction with the United Way and St. Mary’s Dining Room and other local charities.
When and where is StocktonCon?
Our next StocktonCon is set for August 20-21, 2016 at Stockton Arena located at 248 W Fremont St, Stockton, CA.
The hours of StocktonCon are 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. for both Saturday and Sunday.
Where can I buy tickets to StocktonCon?
Please go to HERE for all information regarding tickets.
I’m an artist, how may I display my talents at StocktonCon?
If you have some artwork you would like to show off, the Tony DeZuniga Memorial Art Contest is for you.
More information on how to participate can be found HERE.
May I dress as my favorite pop culture icon?
Absolutely. We would love to see you dressed up as your favorite character. Please understand that StocktonCon is a family event, so please keep that in mind when putting together your costume.
This year will feature a Costume Contest. Information for the contest is pending, but check back HERE for details as they become available.
What is your weapons policy?
StocktonCon encourages fans to cosplay as their favorite pop culture icons! For everyone’s safety and for a relaxing event, here are some cosplay guidelines.
- No real firearms. That includes firearms that shoot only blanks or BB’s.
- Replica weapons must stand out as fake from at least 10 feet away. An orange safety tip is required on all replica weapons.
- If any type of blade weapon is sharp enough or has a pointed tip, so that it might cut or pierce the skin – it will not be allowed into StocktonCon.
- Solid prop weapons which have enough weight to cause physical harm with even a medium swing are not allowed.
- Functioning fake projectile weapons – even “Air Soft”, water guns, squirt guns, and any toy that is capable of actually firing a projectile, liquid, or object of any type are not allowed.
- Weapons will be peace bonded either while you wait in the registration line (prior to 10am) or at the information booth. Your item will be identified so that staff and attendees know it is safe and approved.
- Aiming, brandishing and pointing any and all weapons at other attendees is not acceptable. If you are in violation of this rule, you may be asked to leave Stockton Arena.
- If this doesn’t answer your question, please bring your replica weapon or prop to our weapons check area near the front entrance.
I have a question you didn’t answer here. How may I contact you?
Please feel free to send any questions HERE.